Here is What's in the Contract for Wedding Planners:
- A contract that can be used to set terms between a wedding planner and the happy couple
- Sections detailing wedding schedule, vendors involved, rehearsals, and more
- Created (and approved) by legal experts
This Wedding Planner Contract (the “Contract”) is entered into ____________________ (the “Effective Date”), by and between ________________________, with an address of _____________________________ (the “Client”) and _________________, with an address of _______________________________, (the “Planner”), collectively “the Parties.”
1. Wedding Details.
Wedding Date: ___________________________________________________________
Ceremony Location: _______________________________________________________
Reception Location: _______________________________________________________
2. Planner Duties. Client engages Planner’s services to perform the following duties with regards to the Event:
Unlimited consultations via email and/or telephone.
Planner’s Telephone Number: _________________________________________
Planner’s Email Address: _____________________________________________
Client’s Telephone Number: __________________________________________
Client’s Email Address: ______________________________________________
- Unlimited face to face consultations. Be advised, extra costs will be incurred for travel expenses if the meeting is more than __ miles from Planner’s home/office.
- Assistance with budget and breakdown of costs.
- Discussion of and development of theme/style for Wedding.
- Find all suppliers and/or service providers.
- Management and coordination with Ceremony and Reception location personnel.
- Management of all suppliers and/or service providers. Be advised, extra costs will be incurred for travel expenses for any travel more than __ miles from Planner’s home/office.
- Visit ceremony and reception location prior to Wedding Day.
- Provide a detailed timeline to suppliers and/or service providers and bridal party.
- Confirmation and follow-up with all suppliers and/or service providers 1-2 weeks prior to Wedding Day.
- Day of coordination and supervision until ________________________________.
3. Payment. The Parties agree to the following Payment and Payment Terms:
Total Fee for Services: _____________________________________________________
Non-Refundable Deposit Due Upon Execution of Agreement: ______________________
Balance Due: ____________________________________________________________
Balance Due Date: ________________________________________________________
By Client. Client may cancel this Agreement at any time. If Client cancels up to ____ days prior to the Event Date, it will be entitled to a full refund. If Client cancels between up to ______ days prior to the Event Date, it will be entitled to a fifty percent (50%) refund. If Client cancels less than ____ days prior to the Event Date, it will not be entitled to a refund.
By Planner. Planner may cancel this Agreement at any time. If Planner cancels, it must provide a suitable, replacement Planner, subject to Client’s approval, which shall be obtained in writing. In the alternative, Planner shall refund all monies previously paid by Client, with the exception of any non-refundable deposits, which were agreed to by Client.
5. Planner Limitation of Liability. Planner will do its best to find top suppliers and/or service providers. However, Planner does not guarantee any suppliers’ and/or service providers’ performance and/or product. Planner will not be responsible for any supplier and/or service provider performance and/or product. In the event Client changes the date of the Wedding, Planner will make every effort to accommodate, but Planner’s availability is not guaranteed for any other date than the date stated above.
6. Dispute Resolution and Legal Fees. In the event of a dispute arising out of this Contract that cannot be resolved by mutual agreement, the Parties agree to engage in mediation. If the matter cannot be resolved through mediation, and legal action ensues, the successful party will be entitled to its legal fees, including, but not limited to its attorneys’ fees.
7. Severability. In the event any provision of this Agreement is deemed invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, that part shall be severed from the remainder of the Agreement and all other provisions should continue in full force and effect as valid and enforceable.
8. Legal and Binding Agreement. This Agreement is legal and binding between the Parties as stated above. This Agreement may be entered into and is legal and binding both in the United States and throughout Europe. The Parties each represent that they have the authority to enter into this Agreement.
9. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. The Parties agree that this Agreement shall be governed by the State and/or Country in which both Parties do business. In the event that the Parties do business in different States and/or Countries, this Agreement shall be governed by _________ law.
10. Entire Agreement. The Parties acknowledge and agree that this Agreement represents the entire agreement between the Parties. In the event that the Parties desire to change, add, or otherwise modify any terms, they shall do so in writing to be signed by both parties.
The Parties agree to the terms and conditions set forth above as demonstrated by their signatures as follows: