Here is What's in the Monthly Rental Agreement:
- A rental agreement to be used by anyone renting a property and an occupant
- Sections covering monthly rent, late payments, rental period, and more
- Created (and approved) by legal experts
This Month-to-Month Rental Agreement (the “Agreement”) is entered into ____________________ (the “Effective Date”), by and between ________________________, with an address of _____________________________ (the “Landlord”) and _________________, with an address of _______________________________, (the “Tenant”), collectively “the Parties.”
1. Rental Property. Landlord agrees to lease Tenant the property at ________________________________________________________________________
on a month-to-month basis (the “Property”).
2. Rental Term. This Agreement shall commence on _____________________________ and continue on a month-to-month basis until terminated by either party upon thirty (30) days prior written notice to the other party.
3. Rent. Tenant shall pay Landlord $_______ per month for the rental of the Property. Rent shall be due on the ___ day of each month. Tenant shall make monthly rental payments by [electronic transfer, check, cash, cashier’s check, money order]. Payment shall be made at the following address:
4. Late Payments. Rent is due on the __ day of each month. If said payment is more than five (5) days late, Landlord will be entitled to, but not limited to, the following remedies: payment of a late fee of ___% and/or pursuit of eviction proceedings.
5. Security Deposit(s). Tenant shall pay $_______ as a security deposit upon the signing of this Agreement. Landlord shall hold this Security Deposit in an interest-bearing account, as required by the State in which the Property is located. Tenant shall be entitled to reimbursement of this Security Deposit upon termination of this Agreement if the Property is returned in the same condition as Tenant receives it, less normal wear and tear. Landlord shall provide Tenant a detailed accounting of charges for any amount of the Security Deposit that is not reimbursed. Landord shall return the Security Deposit within thirty (30) days of Tenant’s return of the keys or other timeframe as may be required by law.
6. Permitted Tenants. Only the following persons will be permitted to live at the Property.
No other persons shall be permitted to live at the Property without the prior written consent of Landlord. Any persons remaining at the Property for more than ten (10) consecutive days or more than fifteen (15) total days in a calendar month period shall be considered to live at the Property.
7. Pets. Pets are/are not permitted. Tenant shall pay an additional Pet Security Deposit of $_________ per pet. Pet restrictions are as follows: _____________________________
[Language in italics should be removed if pets are not permitted.]
8. Rules and Regulations. Tenant agrees to comply with all Rules and Regulations set forth in the attached document labeled Rules and Regulations. Landlord shall provide Tenant notice of any and all violations of these Rules and Regulations. Violation of these Rules and Regulations is grounds for Landlord’s termination of this Agreement.
9. Maintenance & Repairs. Tenant is responsible for the following maintenance and repairs: ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Landlord shall be responsible for all other maintenance or repairs. Please make all maintenance and repair requests as follow:
10. Utilities. Tenant shall be responsible for the following utilities and/or services: _________
Landlord shall be responsible for the following utilities and/or services: ______________
11. Severability. In the event any provision of this Agreement is deemed invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, that part shall be severed from the remainder of the Agreement and all other provisions should continue in full force and effect as valid and enforceable.
12. Waiver. The failure by either party to exercise any right, power or privilege under the terms of this Agreement will not be construed as a waiver of any subsequent or further exercise of that right, power or privilege or the exercise of any other right, power or privilege.
13. Legal Fees. In the event of a dispute resulting in legal action, the successful party will be entitled to its legal fees, including, but not limited to its attorneys’ fees.
14. Legal and Binding Agreement. This Agreement is legal and binding between the Parties as stated above. This Agreement may be entered into and is legal and binding both in the United States and throughout Europe. The Parties each represent that they have the authority to enter into this Agreement.
15. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. The Parties agree that this Agreement shall be governed by the State and/or Country in which the Property is located.
16. Entire Agreement. The Parties acknowledge and agree that this Agreement represents the entire agreement between the Parties. In the event that the Parties desire to change, add, or otherwise modify any terms, they shall do so in writing to be signed by both parties.
The Parties agree to the terms and conditions set forth above as demonstrated by their signatures as follows: