Here is What's in the Contract for Wedding Photographers:
- A simple photography contract can be used between photographers and a wedding couple
- Sections detailing payment terms, schedule, responsibilities, and more
- Created (and approved) by legal experts
This Wedding Photography Contract (the “Contract”) is entered into ____________________ (the “Effective Date”), by and between ________________________, with an address of _____________________________ (the “Client”) and _________________, with an address of _______________________________, (the “Photographer”), collectively “the Parties.”
1. Wedding Date & Description.
Wedding Date: ___________________________________________________________
Start Time & Location: ____________________________________________________
Ceremony Time & Location: ________________________________________________
Reception Time & Location: ________________________________________________
End Time: _______________________________________________________________
Additional Information and/or Services Requested: ____________________________
2. Contact Information.
Client Telephone Number & Email: ___________________________________________
Wedding Day Additional Contact 1 Name: _____________________________________
Wedding Day Additional Contact 1 Telephone Number: __________________________
Wedding Day Additional Contact 2 Name: _____________________________________
Wedding Day Additional Contact 2 Telephone Number: ___________________________
3. Payment. The Parties agree to the following Payment and Payment Terms:
Total Fee for Services: _____________________________________________________
Non-Refundable Deposit Due Upon Execution of Agreement: _____________________
Balance Due on Day of Wedding: ____________________________________________
4. Additional Terms and Conditions.
a. Client agrees to provide a meal for Photographer if Photographer’s attendance is required for greater than five (5) hours. Photographer has the following food allergies/dietary restrictions: __________________________________________.
b. Client agrees to give/have someone give Photographer sufficient warning of key events at the wedding to give the Photographer time to prepare (i.e., bouquet toss, cake cutting, speeches, etc.)
c. Photographer will endeavor to get photographs of as many guests as possible, which may be limited by guests’ cooperation in having their photo taken.
d. Client agrees that Photographer shall be given precedence in taking photographs over guests with cell phone cameras and other devices. Photographer cannot be held responsible for lack or photographs or poor quality of photographs if guests are interfering with Photographer’s work.
e. Client acknowledges Photographer may be limited in scope by rules of the location of the ceremony and/or reception. (i.e., flash photography may not be allowed within a Church)
5. Copyright. Photographer shall maintain the copyright of all photographs. Photographer grants Client permission to make copies of the images for personal use by Client and their family and friends. Sale, publication, or any other commercial use is specifically prohibited without the prior written consent of Photographer.
By Client. Client may cancel this Agreement at any time prior to the event. Upon cancellation, Client will be entitled to a refund of any monies paid, except for the non-refundable deposit.
By Photographer. Photographer may cancel this Agreement at any time. If Photographer cancels, it must provide a suitable, replacement Photographer, subject to Client’s approval, which shall be obtained in writing. In the alternative, Photographer shall refund all monies previously paid by Client, including the non-refundable deposit.
7. Dispute Resolution and Legal Fees. In the event of a dispute arising out of this Contract that cannot be resolved by mutual agreement, the Parties agree to engage in mediation. If the matter cannot be resolved through mediation, and legal action ensues, the successful party will be entitled to its legal fees, including, but not limited to its attorneys’ fees.
8. Severability. In the event any provision of this Agreement is deemed invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, that part shall be severed from the remainder of the Agreement and all other provisions should continue in full force and effect as valid and enforceable.
9. Legal and Binding Agreement. This Agreement is legal and binding between the Parties as stated above. This Agreement may be entered into and is legal and binding both in the United States and throughout Europe. The Parties each represent that they have the authority to enter into this Agreement.
10. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. The Parties agree that this Agreement shall be governed by the State and/or Country in which both Parties reside/do business. In the event that the Parties do business in different States and/or Countries, this Agreement shall be governed by _________ law.
11. Entire Agreement. The Parties acknowledge and agree that this Agreement represents the entire agreement between the Parties. In the event that the Parties desire to change, add, or otherwise modify any terms, they shall do so in writing to be signed by both parties.
The Parties agree to the terms and conditions set forth above as demonstrated by their signatures as follows: