Here is What's in the Contract for Event Planners:
- A simple contract for Event Planners that's easy-to-understand
- Outlines specifics around event planning responsibilities, payment terms, and more
- Created (and approved) by legal experts
This Event Planning Agreement (the “Agreement”) is entered into ____________________ (the “Effective Date”), by and between ________________________, with an address of _____________________________ (the “Client”) and _________________, with an address of _______________________________, (the “Planner”), collectively “the Parties.”
- 1. Event Date & Description. On ______________________ Client intends to host the below described event (the “Event”):
- 2. Planner Duties. Client engages Planner’s services to perform the following duties with regards to the Event:
Planner shall obtain Client approval, in writing, before entering into any binding contracts for the event and/or issuing any non-refundable deposits.
- 3. Payment. The Parties agree to the following Payment and Payment Terms:
Total Fee for Services: _____________________________________________________
Percentage Due Upon Execution of Agreement: _________________________________
Balance Due: ____________________________________________________________
- 4. Cancellation.
By Client. Client may cancel this Agreement at any time. If Client cancels up to ____ days prior to the Event Date, it will be entitled to a full refund. If Client cancels between up to ______ days prior to the Event Date, it will be entitled to a fifty percent (50%) refund. If Client cancels less than ____ days prior to the Event Date, it will not be entitled to a refund.
By Planner. Planner may cancel this Agreement at any time. If Planner cancels, it must provide a suitable, replacement Planner, subject to Client’s approval, which shall be obtained in writing. In the alternative, Planner shall refund all monies previously paid by Client, with the exception of any non-refundable deposits, which were agreed to by Client.
- 5. Dispute Resolution and Legal Fees. In the event of a dispute arising out of this Contract that cannot be resolved by mutual agreement, the Parties agree to engage in mediation. If the matter cannot be resolved through mediation, and legal action ensues, the successful party will be entitled to its legal fees, including, but not limited to its attorneys’ fees.
- 6. Severability. In the event any provision of this Agreement is deemed invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, that part shall be severed from the remainder of the Agreement and all other provisions should continue in full force and effect as valid and enforceable.
- 7. Legal and Binding Agreement. This Agreement is legal and binding between the Parties as stated above. This Agreement may be entered into and is legal and binding both in the United States and throughout Europe. The Parties each represent that they have the authority to enter into this Agreement.
- 8. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. The Parties agree that this Agreement shall be governed by the State and/or Country in which both Parties do business. In the event that the Parties do business in different States and/or Countries, this Agreement shall be governed by _________ law.
- 9. Entire Agreement. The Parties acknowledge and agree that this Agreement represents the entire agreement between the Parties. In the event that the Parties desire to change, add, or otherwise modify any terms, they shall do so in writing to be signed by both parties.
The Parties agree to the terms and conditions set forth above as demonstrated by their signatures as follows: