Here is What's in the Contract for DJ Services:
- A simple DJ contract can be used when providing DJ services on any event
- Sections regarding payment terms, responsibilities, schedule, and more
- Created (and approved) by legal experts
This DJ Contract (the “Contract”) is entered into ____________________ (the “Effective Date”), by and between ________________________, with an address of _____________________________ (the “Client”) and _________________, with an address of _______________________________, (the “DJ”), collectively “the Parties.”
Client wishes to engage DJ to provide DJ services. DJ services shall include providing musical entertainment at the location, date and time described in Section 1. DJ may also perform related additional services, including making general announcements.
1. Event Date & Description.
Venue Address: ____________________________________________________
Event Date: ________________________________________________________
Event Time/Hours for DJ Services: _____________________________________
2. Payment. The Parties agree to the following Payment and Payment Terms:
Total Fee for Services: _____________________________________________________
Non-Refundable Deposit Due Upon Execution of Agreement: _____________________
Balance Due on Date of Event: ______________________________________________
In the event, the Event goes beyond the time stated above, Client shall pay DJ at a rate of $_______ per hour for each hour the Event goes beyond the time stated above. Partial hours will be pro-rated.
3. DJ Requirements. DJ requires the following space and electrical requirements in order to provide DJ Services.
Space Requirements: ________________________________________________
Electrical Requirements: _____________________________________________
By Client. Client may cancel this Agreement at any time prior to the event. Upon cancellation, Client will be entitled to a refund of any monies paid, except for the non-refundable deposit.
By DJ. DJ may cancel this Agreement at any time. If DJ cancels, it must provide a suitable, replacement DJ, subject to Client’s approval, which shall be obtained in writing. In the alternative, DJ shall refund all monies previously paid by Client, including the non-refundable deposit.
5. Dispute Resolution and Legal Fees. In the event of a dispute arising out of this Contract that cannot be resolved by mutual agreement, the Parties agree to engage in mediation. If the matter cannot be resolved through mediation, and legal action ensues, the successful party will be entitled to its legal fees, including, but not limited to its attorneys’ fees.
6. Severability. In the event any provision of this Agreement is deemed invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, that part shall be severed from the remainder of the Agreement and all other provisions should continue in full force and effect as valid and enforceable.
7. Legal and Binding Agreement. This Agreement is legal and binding between the Parties as stated above. This Agreement may be entered into and is legal and binding both in the United States and throughout Europe. The Parties each represent that they have the authority to enter into this Agreement.
8. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. The Parties agree that this Agreement shall be governed by the State and/or Country in which both Parties do business. In the event that the Parties do business in different States and/or Countries, this Agreement shall be governed by _________ law.
9. Entire Agreement. The Parties acknowledge and agree that this Agreement represents the entire agreement between the Parties. In the event that the Parties desire to change, add, or otherwise modify any terms, they shall do so in writing to be signed by both parties.
The Parties agree to the terms and conditions set forth above as demonstrated by their signatures as follows: